Friday, July 24, 2009

Chemo Day 3

James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perservance.

On my 3rd day post chemo, I mainly was achy from the neulasta shot and tired. I took 2 naps--one in the morning and one in the early afternoon. I thought I was going to sleep all day but I finally got up around 4 pm and stayed up until bedtime. That is so unusual for me, to sleep so much. Usually Tylenol helps take away the bone pain but not this time, I was so sensitive to touch especially in the shoulder, neck, back, and hip areas. But it is better this morning. No problems with nausea and I am taking my anti-nausea medications around the clock.

Larry went to pay on the hospital bill which also has the bill for the neulasta shots. They didn't give him any problems and allowed him to pay whatever he wanted. I feel more at peace about that plus I am thinking of taking another medication that maybe insurance will pay, and I will go with that one if need to. It means more shots and more time going to the dr's but if that is the way I must go, then I will do it. I am praying that I will have a good day today. Larry is going back to work and leaving me pretty much on my own (will have one son here). I have some housecleaning to do but I will take it slow and easy. Luckily I don't really have much to do in the way of cooking, for our neighbor, CJ, gave us a brisket and had a meal delievered to us too. Thanks again for all your prayers. Love you all.....

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
Just wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you.
Annette