Sunday, July 5, 2009

Great weekend

Psalm 118:28-29 You are my God and I will give you thanks; you are my God and I will exalt you. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

I was able to go to my mom's for the 4th of July weekend. It was good to see family. There were 12 of us there. I felt pretty well most of the time --appetite not as it usually is but maybe that saved me from gaining lots of pounds with all the food around. lol It's hard to explain but sometimes it feels like there is a knot in my throat or esophagus that keeps me from wanting to eat. I was some tired but was able to pace myself and not get too exhausted. I would get chilled still but that could even be from being on blood thinners so I heard. Everyone there accepted me wearing scarves and hats. My sister bought be a patriotic do-rag to wear which I did--thanks Khristi!!! Even my little neices never said anything to me so that made me feel good. I wore my wig to church and many people there know I have cancer and they were all so kind and made it a point to say hello to me. I am looking forward to having some good days ahead. Not only am I dealing with cancer but dealing with my kids growing up and not being home as much. It's a good thing but different with meal planning, etc. I'm such a planner.....lol. My youngest will be gone this week working at a camp and my oldest son is working 4 evenings a week. Spending lots of evenings with just my husband!!! Wow!!! Well, thanks for praying for me over the weekend. I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend too. I am so thankful to God that I was able to spend precious time with my family. Love you all.....

Psalm 118:21 This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Kelly,
I think that's great the kids are growing up. And, I think it's funny that many evenings, it's just you and Larry. Just like our old Dallas days.
Hang in there. You are doing a beautiful job.
Gail