Wednesday, July 22, 2009

chemo day 1

Psalm 142:1-3 I cry aloud to the Lord; I lift my voice to the Lord for mercy. I pour out my complaint before him; before him I tell my trouble. When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way.

The first thing I was worried about when I went to the doctor was about the neulasta shot. I had called insurance and they hadn't received the medical records. I told the dr. that insurance hadn't said they would pay for it. He said he's never had trouble with insurance not paying for it if they have proof and they never give it without proof. I asked if they could call to get authorization to give this neulasta shot like they should have called in the first place. The hospital was working on it when I left so hopefully when it's time to get the shot, it will be cleared. I told him that I didn't want the shot if insurance wouldn't pay and he said he would not give me chemo without the shot. what a dilemma this is. I am praying that insurance will come through and pay for there is no way we can afford to pay for those shots at around $4000 a shot and with the hospital wanting you to pay it off in 6 months. Pray that insurance will pay.

Chemo itself went okay. My mom was with me and we visited and played a card game during chemo. I tried not to eat much for I didn want to get so sick. Several people suggested eating ice so I had bought a huge glass of ice (with some diet Dr. Pepper in it) but all these things didn't help. I take so much anti-nausea medication but still I get so sick. About 3 hours after getting home I got sick so went on to bed for the rest of the evening without eating anything. I got sick twice altogether. I hope that will be it and no more vomiting the rest of the week. I also get chilled so had lots of blankets then I'll get hot. So the covers are going back and forth--lol. I have a headache too--not bad but it's there. I kept praying all day that I won't be too sick and just that God will be with me through all of this. I know He is here and cares for me. Today I go for the neulasta shot which I hate too for it gives bone pain. Oh, well......I will endure it all. Thanks for your prayers. Love you all....

Psalm 145:17-19 The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all He has made. The Lord is near to all who call on him:, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.

No comments: