Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Home from trip

Psalm 86:12-13 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

I went on a very short vacation with my sister--our girl time--to a small town about 2 1/2 hours from my town. I left home on Sunday after lunch and arrived there around 3:30 pm. We had a great visit together. We took a walk along a river that evening. It was good to walk for I haven't gone walking since my last chemo treatment. It was quite hot and I had to stop once for a little rest but there were huge trees that provided lots of shade. We met a minister on our walk (he was walking his beautiful dog) and enjoyed a short chat with him. The biggest problem I had that day was just not really feeling hungry--my stomach felt full and funny. For dinner, we shared a meal which was perfect for us since my sister has stomach problems herself and is unable to eat alot at one time. The next day we went shopping downtown but this town only had 2 hours worth of cute stores for us to shop in so we decided to go to another town that was only 30 minutes away that have tons of shops. I had to rest frequently and was quite thirsty but the stomach problems seemed better so was able to have a nice lunch. Even ate ice cream in the late afternoon. I need to go on a diet now!!!! I was quite exhausted when we finished shopping (around 5:30 pm) but was able to drive home without any problems. Another problem I am having is the tip of my tongue seems to be sore--like it was burned or cut. I have this each time I have chemo. I am not sure what to do but just wait it out and let it heal on it's own. It is quite bothersome but I just deal with it and go on with life. lol. I am thankful to God for this short time of a vacation. I did get tired of wearing my wig all day long and was so happy when I did arrive home so I could take it off!!!! But I am grateful that I can wear it. A lady today at the farmers market told me that she wished she had hair like mine!!!!! I didn't dare tell her it was a wig. I thought it was funny. I am getting used to wearing it but sometimes I think people look at me strangely and then I worry--is some of the webbing showing or what is weird about me? I just have to shake it off and not let it worry me. Thanks to all who prayed for my little vacation. I enjoyed it and did fine with it. (and I didn't spend much either-lol) I love you all.......

I Thessalonians 5: 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

No comments: