Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday am--going on mini vacation

Psalm 108:3 I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For Great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens and let your glory be over all the earth.

Saturday was a day where I went grocery shopping with Larry and did lots of housecleaning, cooking plus laundry. I did rest in between each chore but still was exhausted by the end of the day but felt satisfied with all I did. We discovered why I feel so full after I have chemo (when I am able to eat again-lol). The neulasta shot can enlarge your spleen so maybe that is what is happening to me. Larry gets all concerned about side effects of medications so has been watching me like a hawk to be sure I'm okay.

Today I am going on my first vacation (besides going to my mom's) since starting chemo. I am meeting my sister in a small town that is not far from either one of us (in the middle). I will leave after church and lunch. We had a sister time last summer and enjoyed it so much so want to do it annually so this is our sister time. Just her and I!!!! There is a river in this town so probably will explore it and go to a park and have dinner with lots of fellowship. Then tomorrow we'll go downtown and shop and visit a museum or two or whatever we feel like doing. She had a birthday 10 days ago so will shop for her present--how fun. This hotel has a cool pool and hot tub but not sure if I'll go in--can't get the wig wet nor do I want to take it off. Will sit by the side of the pool and enjoy putting my feet in it. Same goes for the river, have to be careful with my wig not to get it wet. What a bummer but that's okay!!!! I'm just excited to be able to go. I am praying that the trip goes smoothly as I am tired today but I think I'll be just fine. It's only a 2 hour trip. Thanks for all your prayers for I do so covet them. You are all so sweet to check up on me, I really do appreciate your love and concern. Love you all......

Psalm 105:4 Look to the Lord and His strength; seek his face always.

1 comment:

MAAM said...

Have a wonderful time!