Monday, November 23, 2009

1st radiation in San antonio

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours.

Today I went to the cancer center to get a radiation treatment. My sister drove me there to show me how to get there. There are so many hospitals in this medical complex. We went into the hospital but couldn't find the cancer center. Even the admissions person didn't know exactly where it was (that was a little scary--lol). Anyway, we finally found out and went in the back way. We now know how to get in the front way--lol--for they have an outside entrance and parking nearby--yea!!! I saw the dr. and he was nice but concerned for he thinks my first dr. was radiating too much of my lungs (I didn't even realize any of the lungs were being radiated). he said that could cause pulmonary fibrosis in later years if not careful so he is going to change the direction the rays go in. At first he said that we would get the set up today and then start the radiation on wednesday then realized they are going to be closed for the holidays on Thursday and Friday so decided that maybe they could start today. I have to wear this interesting bra looking thing to lift up my breasts to better radiate them. Very interesting. I leave it there and will wear it each time I go. Everyone at the cancer center was nice. I went back to my sister's house for lunch and did some schooling with the boys. They called me around 2:30 and told me to be there in 30 minutes so they could do my first radiation treatment there. Luckily, it takes about 20 minutes to get there. And I drove myself there this time and didn't get lost. They had to take lots of x-ray pictures so I had to lie still for a while so was happy when they finally finished. They really marked me up with their permanent marker -lots more than the center before. I won't be able to wear some of my shirts--oh, well........ I will be getting my radiation treatments in the afternoons. I had hoped to get my treatments in the morning except for Mondays but I guess since they knew I needed Monday afternoons they gave me all afternoons. That means when I leave for the weekend, I will have to leave later than i would like but that's okay. I need Monday afternoons for I have things to do in my town on Monday mornings like getting Herceptin, seeing the onocologist, etc. The boys will be able to get their schooling done on Friday mornings for I had planned to have them do it in the car which is sometimes hard to do--lots of distractions. After I was finished with the radiation treatment, I came back 'home' and put lots of aloe vera gel on. I really don't want to get burned.

My sister has had several offers for help--meals and even places for me to stay. Some of them think I am an 'invalid', for one lady commented that it wouldn't be good for me to stay with her for I would find it hard to manage the stairs. We thought that was funny. I am far from being an invalid but it is sweet that she has some caring friends. So far things are going well at my sister's. Her youngest son does have lots of school work involving computer work so he was up late which means my boys were up late since they were sleeping in the computer room (a study). And today, Brandon was one grumpy boy but they will adjust......I do so appreciate my sister for letting us stay. Now I am praying that insurance will pay for all of this!!!!! Thanks for your prayers too.

John 14:13-14 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

No comments: