Tuesday, November 17, 2009

radiation day 15

John 16:33 In this world you will have trouble . But take heart: I have overcome the world.

I had my fifteenth day and thought it was the last day to have it at the center here in my town. I told everyone goodbye. They all gave me hugs and said that they liked me and I could come back for a visit. Maybe I will make them cookies sometime. I saw the onocologist radiation dr. and he was understanding of us wanting to go elsewhere if the insurance would pay. He said they've not had problems before. Great....why me. I had my colonoscopy which went well. My nurse who took me in is a Christian and even goes to my church so before she took me, we prayed. How sweet. They found nothing so that is good--colon is healthy. After I got home, I had a phone call from the radiation center and they said that M. center found out that my insurance won't cover the radiation treatments either. That doesn't seem to make sense since someone from our insurance told Larry that they did. I called M. center and talked to their insurance lady and she said she talked to them for over 30 minutes and it will not be covered.So, here I am not feeling well after the colonoscopy, calling up the insurance company to see what is going on. I talked to the lady and she talked to her supervisor and they couldn't find any radiation center in this state. What is the deal!!!!! They found onocologist doctors so I called one in another city where my sister lives--a big city. She said she will call me back tomorrow. I was in tears by the time I got off the phone. Then I looked up my insurance's website to see what I could find, sure enough, no radiation center is covered. The doctores are. That could be helpful but it costs lots of dollars to do another set up which means I would have to pay. Maybe I better just stay here and pay it out. It costs about $374 a day for radiation then some days I have an x ray and the dr bill is skyhigh!!! Wish I could just quit this. But I must trust God in this....I wonder why they won't pay for radiation treatments. I am so confused.....and frustrated. Okay, I need to take a deep breath and put this aside and just concentrate on feeling better from this colonscopy. I need rest. Not sure now whether to go in for radiation tomorrow or not. I am home alone for my boys went to play in a basketball game and Larry went to work to make up for he missed this morning. it is quiet and peaceful here.......Please pray for me in this situation and that I can have that peace once again.

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God , which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: