Wednesday, November 4, 2009

radiation day 7

Psalm 89:1 I will sing of the Lord's great love forever, with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.

Today went better at radiaiton. I got there in plenty of time but they were ready anyway for me. Maybe they didn't have a patient in the time slot right before me. I was in and out of there within 10 minutes!!!! Wow, so fast. Still have no redness. I'm not too tired either so having a good day. Tomorrow I get labwork to see how my blood count is doing then I see the onocologist on Friday.

Remember my trip to DC? Well, the group that sent me there asked if I would write an opinion letter for my newspaper. They gave me a template to follow. I wrote out my story and then inserted the information about why I was in DC, etc. I am to send it to this group and they will edit it and then tell me what to do next. One lady had her article published in Newsweek magazine. Wow!!! Another step of maybe helping others and doing something that I've not done before. God sure is stretching me to do things I never thought I would do. lol. I was nice and didn't add the part of my first doctor refusing to let me have the MRI. No need to stir up a hornets nest in this town. The goal here is to encourage congress to preserve access to medical imaging tests.

Yesterday I received my last package from my chemoangel, Lisa. Thanks, Lisa. It was a great package but I know it's an end (a good end) to an era in my journey. She promises to stay in contact and I will love to stay in contact with her too. She was an 'angel' during my chemo treatments--always lifting my spirtits. My other chemoangel was a great lifter upper too. Thanks, Ann Marie. Thanks all to who pray for me. I sure need it to complete this journey that I am taking. Love you all.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.

No comments: