Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Radiation day 12

Psalm 9:18 Those who know your name will trust in you, for you , Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Yesterday the cancer center called to say that the radiation machine had broken down so I couldn't go in the morning at my usual time. The bad thing was that I had to go in anyway to get my coumadin levels checked. I already had canceled that appt. once so really needed to go in. Larry had taken his truck to the Ford house since there was something they had a recall on. I had to pick him up so had to make a trip into town anyway. Then the cancer center called right after lunch to see if I could come in this afternoon since the machine was fixed so I went in at 3:50. They were busy since they were trying to work the morning people in along with the afternoon people but they were in a good mood. My breast area is slightly pink today and sometimes it feels funny. I can't really describe it but it's not a burning sensation. I am putting the aloe vera gel on but didn't put any on this morning since I didn't know when they might call me. You can't put it on 4 hours prior to getting radiation treatments. I am really tired today and tried to nap but really couldn't do it. Will go to bed after I write this so I can get some good rest. My coumadin levels were too high which means my blood is thinner than it needs to be but I am handling it okay. My kitten has scratched me but I really don't bleed from it more than usual. They were hoping I could start getting my blood checks once a month but since it was too high, I have to come back in 2 weeks. Too bad. Luckily when the nurse was scheduling my next appt. she said I was to see the onocologist on the 24th but I said no, I'm to see him on the 30th but it was in the computer that the appt. had been changed after I last saw him. I didn't change it so since his office is in the same building and on the same floor, I just went to the office and asked about it. They couldn't figure out how or why it was changed so now it's back to the 30th. Whew, that would have been a mess up if the coumadin nurse hadn't said anything. The Lord works in interesting ways. :) Well, thanks for your prayers. I have a busy day tomorrow so hopefully I won't be too tired. Pray that I have the energy I need. Thanks. Love you all......

II Corinthians 12:9 My grace is suffcient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness.

No comments: