Saturday, November 14, 2009

radiation day 14

Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

We received some bad news yesterday. We found out that the radiation center is not part of the hospital system we thought they were under. They rent space from them. So, we then found out that they are not on our insurance plan. This is the only radiation center in our town. The radiation center called our insurance to see if the dr. is on the plan (no) and to tell them this is the only radiation center in a 100 mile radius. It didn't matter to the insurance company. Well, we believe we are owing them about $7000 now. Why weren't we told in the beginning that they were not part of the hospital system or why didn't we find out for sure that the radiation treatments were being covered. You would thought i would have learned from my mistake with the neulasta shots but no, guess I didn't learn well enough. Larry is wanting me to move in with my mom for a few weeks and have radiation in her town for that center is covered by our plan. But, we are about to reach the maximum of out of pocket expensese not covered under the plan. I need to call today to see what happens when we reach the maximum--will they pay 100 percent? If so, then no reason to change. If not, then I might be moving for a few weeks. Yikes. Not something I want to do. The radiation center told my husband that they would have to take the set up x-rays again if we move to another place. Of course, we've not talked to the center in the town where my mom lives. She lives close enough (2 hours away) that we can come home on weekends. I do believe God provides, for our stock broker called the other day to say we should sell this stock that we own and so we did and it will be enough to cover the medical expenses that have accumulated so far but not enough to pay for the rest of the treatments--it is expensive. I had hoped to buy a new car--a smaller one --to save on gas since I have a big car. Pray that we will make the right decision. Living away from home will be hard but luckily I do homeschool so the boys will come with me. However, they will miss going to their activities.

Seems funny but my breast sometimes look pink then at other times it doesn't. Maybe the aloe vera gel is the cause. It hurts too at times but not all the time. Thanks for your prayers.

I Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

No comments: