Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving holiday

Psalm 145:3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.

I hope each one of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I have so much to be thankful for: God, family, friends, freedom, church, and even my health. I am still alive and can look forward to many more years of living. Yes, I have breast cancer but I can beat this and survive for who knows how long. My mom went to a birthday party today for a lady who turned 100 years old. She had breast cancer when she was 80 years old and that was 20 years ago and she is still ticking!!!!

I didn't get to write what happened right before I went to my mom's for Thanksgiving--when I left San Antonio. My onocologist's office called to say I needed blood work before I get my Herceptin on Monday. There was no way I was going to get to my doctor's office so they faxed the lab work order to the cancer center where I get radiation. They gave me the order and sent me next door to a lab that I thought my insurance would cover. It took me awhile just to find the lab and when I finally did, turns out that my insurance doesn't cover that lab but they knew where I could go. It was to a lab a couple of blocks away in a hospital but I wasn't sure where to park so went around the block--huge block and decided to park in the parking garage. We noticed that the sign said that you don't have to pay if parked for only 30 minutes so our goal was to get in and out within that time frame. We found the lab and luckily they didn't have anyone there. After filling out all the data ,we were afraid that they couldn't do it due to not finding my doctor listed in my town (he had moved here about a year ago) but luckily, they found him listed in Texas. They took my blood and off we went. Whew, we got out of there before 30 minutes!!!! Praise God. We left there and went on to my mom's --a 5 hour trip and boy, was the interstate busy!!!!

We got home today and I've been busy doing laundry, grocery shopping, Christmas decorating, and some house cleaning. I am quite tired but just keep plugging on with a few rest breaks (like now--lol) for I don't have much time since I leave again on Monday morning. It will be so nice to sleep in my own bed tonight. Any maybe a cat or two will sleep with me--missed those cats. lol
Another thing I am thankful for is all of you who take the time to read my blog and keep up with my journey through cancer and boy , is it a journey; but we all have a journeys that we are embarking on. I pray that you will hang onto God while you g0 through your journey!!! Love you all................

Psalm 118:28-29 You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

No comments: