Monday, November 2, 2009

radiation day 5

Psalm 106:1 Praise the Lord. give thanks to the Lord for He is good; his love endures forever.

I went today for my 5th radiation treatment. So far, no redness or anything out of the ordinary. I put on the aloe vera gel as soon as I got home. This week will be so much better schedule wise for it is more consistent. I did go in at 8:3o am today but the rest of the week I am to go at 9 am except on Thursday which will be at 2:5o since I am already in town on Thursday afternoons.

I was reading on the book "After Breast Cancer" from the beginning and it was talking about how many women find it difficult to adjust after treatments are done. I've never thought about it for I am ready to be done and go on with life. So, I'm glad to be able to read and find out these things so I can prepare myself. The author apparently had facilitated a support group for womnen going through chemo then ladies approached her to have support group for women after they were done with treatment so she has alot of knowledge from talking to women in that group. My time after treatment will not end so abruptly as some of these women since after radiation, I will still be taking Herceptin but only every 3 weeks. Of course, when that ends, then I guess that will be my end of treatment. However, many things she talks about like hair growing, etc. will happen before August. Somehow I feel that I will not be struggling when that time comes for I've been at peace through all of this and just having God guide me and close to me. I will have to ask some of the ladies I know who have gone through cancer to see how they handled that time in their life. During this whole journey, I just take one phase at time: first the surgery time, then chemo, and now radiation. I am glad I found this book, though, for it's opening my eyes to the next phase I'll be in. Most cancer books don't talk much about what happens after your treatments are done. Well, thanks again for your prayers and love....

Psalm 55:22 Cast all your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.

No comments: