Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday

Psalm 116:7 Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.

Yesterday was a fun day at radiation---I walked in and there was no one in the waiting room and all the staff was behind the front desk getting their pictures made for they were all dressed in costume. It turns out that they dress up every year. My 2 nurses were Robert , dressed as Popeye, and Milton, dressed as a prisoner. They were in a fun, talkative mood. When I left they wished me 'Happy Halloween" and gave me a sugar cookie that looked like a green ghost. It was from a bakery and very delicious--even better than mine and I really like mine. :) I don't have radiation over the weekend, yea!!!!!

One of my biggest problems now is fatigue and chemobrain (memory & intelletual problems). The chemo destroys good brain cells too so people have some short term memory problems , fuzziness of quanitative thinking, and other things. It drives me crazy for I am more forgetful than ever before. According to the book I am reading, it says our mental capacity does improve gradually but not to what it was before cheom. Oh, great....The book also gives suggestions on how to improve the brain such as lots of reading, doing puzzles, playing games, memorizing things, getting enough sleep (lol), writing, and changing routine and learning new ways to manage things. Also, I just seem tired all the time. I took the boys this morning to take a pre-ACT test then came home. I swept and mopped the floors and was exhausted by the time I finished so laid down and took a nap at 9:30 am. The rest of the day I have been doing a chore then sitting down and doing some kind of restful activity whether on the computer or grading papers, etc. I am feeling pretty good right now so guess the morning nap helped. Thanks again for your prayers. Love you....

Psalm 105:4 Look to the Lord and His strength; seek his face always.

No comments: