Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday

Isaiah 25:1 O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.

Just wanted to let you know that so far, I am still healthy. I think if I was to catch the flu from my son, that it would have happened by now but who knows. My youngest son, Brandon, is either having allergy problems (which is something he rarely has) or is getting a cold. He has a stuffy nose and a slight scratchy throat. He is doing pretty good on handwashing and using the hand sanitizer. I am praying that I stay healthy, especially so I won't miss going to Washington, DC. My husband won't let me go to church tomorrow again but after this chemo is over, I'll be back in church. Yea!!!! I am still having hot flashes.....I was hoping that the medication I am taking would work but the physician assistant said we could increase the dose if blood pressure is okay so I increased it yesterday. Hope it works.

In case you aren't aware of it, this month is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I keep seeing all kinds of articles in the paper, things on the news on TV, etc. It is neat to see even football teams getting in the spirit of things by wearing pink. So all of you women who are reading my blog, you need to be doing breast self examinations and getting mammograms(usually after age 40. ). Even if you are young, check yourself. I read a book about young women who had breast cancer and some were in their early 20's. It seems that women are getting it at a younger age these days. One of the ladies in my support group here in town is only 33. She was diagnosed the month I was. So, please, do me a favor and start checking yourself if you aren't already doing that. If you don't know how, go on the internet and I'm sure you can find information on how to do it. Thanks!!!!! I found mine and immediately had a mammogram to see what it was. Don't put it off if you find something. It may not be anything but then.......if it is, the earlier the better. :)

Thanks for all of your prayers. I am looking forward to the Washington DC trip. Check out their website www.rightscanrighttime.org or if you have facebook, you can be a fan--look up "Access to Medical Imaging Coalition." I became a fan and they have photos of another time they lobbied. Have a great day.

Proverbs 17:22a A cheerful heart is good medicine.

No comments: