Saturday, October 17, 2009

Last Chemo first day

Psalm 103:1-5 Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being, praise His Holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul and forget not all His benefits who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like thr eagle.

Praise the Lord, I am done with getting chemo!!!! I never thought this day would come and here it is. Yea!!!! First I visited with the doctor. I will be starting radiation in about 3 weeks or so. I have an appt. with the radiation dr. next Thursday to set up my radiation times. Also, I will now go every 3 weeks to receive my herceptin medication instead of every week. The dosage will be higher but it equals to what I've been receiving every week for a 3 week period. I guess since I won't be getting chemo, my body can handle the higher dose.

The nurses in the chemo clinic are getting to know me so well these days--they are like family at times. I usually have one nurse tending to me but for some reason I had all 3 nurses taking care of me at various times. We had fun visiting, joking, and just having fun. My mom came to spend this last chemo day with me. She brought me a gift to celebrate this exciting day---a pink snuggie. I used it as a blanket while there--it is so cold in the chemo clinic. We visited and then played Yahtzee. I was there for about 6 hours. I was tired all day but other than that it was okay. My mom brought me home then she left around 5:30 to go on home before it gets dark (she lives 2 hours away). Luckily, my neighbor CJ paid Melissa to bring us a meal so we didn't have to do any cooking. It was a delicious lasagna meal. Thanks CJ and Melissa. Since I postponed my chemo so I could go to Washington DC, that means I'll be dealing with the chemo side effects during the week instead of the weekend. I will be busy this week so I do dread having to deal with the bone pain and having to do what I need to do. Oh, well, God will give me the strength to carry on. I had these other things planned way before I knew I was going to postpone chemo. It will all work out...

I have some exciting news--my hair is starting to grow. I noticed that the other day my head was getting a little fuzzy looking. Cool. It is blonde looking so hopefully my hair will stay blonde. I hope this chemo I just had won't make it come back out but we'll see. I am ready for my eyelashes to come too. But the hair under my arms and legs can take their time in growing. lol Well, thanks for all your prayers. I love you all.....

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped.

No comments: