Saturday, October 3, 2009

Trip and Pink Ribbon run

Psalm 145:3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise, his greatness no one can fathom.

I had a wonderful time going to the state park with my mom. We stayed in a cabin built in the 1930's by young men in the CCC program under FDRoosevelt. We hiked 4 1/2 miles--took us 5 hours as we meandered down the paths enjoying the beauty of flowers, trees, and a variety of mushrooms. I carried a small backpack with our lunch and a few other things. When we stopped to rest, I noticed that my hands, especially my right hand was swollen. It looked almost like it did when I had the blood clot. I think the backpack may have occluded my blood vessels. The swelling went away after we got back to the cabin and I laid down to rest. The weather was warm and quite humid so we were hot and sweaty by the time we finished that hike. I was so glad our dinner was cooking in the crockpot. I am thankful that I didn't have any bone pain while on our trip. I still was having some hot flashes but not bad. We picked up my boys from camp and then back home we went. My ankles were swollen when I got home--maybe from all the driving. They are okay today.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The hospital where I go to and the breast support group I'm involved in had a Pink Ribbon Run today. This is the 2nd year they have done it. The money that is raised goes to our support group for educational purposes. My husband, Brandon and I went to the run. We walked a mile along with probably 300 other people. They also had real running contests with prizes but we didn't stay for the ending--saw them take off. So, this month, look around you and see if your city has some kind of breast cancer awareness activities. My town had several activities but 2 have already passed on by. Anyway, I got some cute t-shirts from the run. :) Thanks for praying for me as I traveled and took a mini-vacation. It was great. By the way, my blood pressure is doing fine so far with me taking blood pressure medicaton. I am taking the medication in hopes it will help my hot flashes go away. Have a great day.

Psalm 20:4 May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.

No comments: