Monday, October 19, 2009

Chemo Day3 and 4

There are times in our lives when we stop and wonder what does it all mean, why do things happen the way they do...I wish I had the answer for you . I wish I knew exactly what to say to ease your pain and make sense of all this, but I don't . All I can do is tell you how much I care about you, that I'm here for you, and that you are in my heart and my thoughts. (from a card)

Yesterday, Sunday, was a pretty good day. I went to church which was the highlight of my day. I received lots of encouragement while there which meant alot to me. It was great to sit with a friend I've not seen in a long time. Thanks, Vanessa, for your encouraging smile and words. It encourages me too when I hear of others who are reading this blog for I really don't know who all reads this. Thanks to each one of you who care enough to find out what is happening in my life. The only chemo side effects I could notice yesterday was flushing of the cheeks and fatigue.

Today I woke up with a severe pain on my lower right side (thought it was just a full bladder but the pain stayed for a couple of hours or so). I've not had pain there before so not sure what that was all about but sure bothered me. I got up and did quiet time then decided I was really tired too so went back to bed (at 8:30 am) and fell asleep which is unusual for me. I am feeling better now (noontime). I know the chemo side effects (bone pain ) should be hitting soon--tomorrow maybe. It takes 3 days for the chemo to exit my body so today I am washing all my covers and clothes. I am to wash it separate from the rest of the family. Larry doesn't even sleep with me those 3 days so I know he is ready to be in his own bed tonight. lol. So nice to know that is the last time I have to separate my clothes from the others and for Larry to separate himself from me. It has been easier for Larry after Sarah moved out of the house so he can sleep in her bedroom. Well, thanks for your prayers. Will really need them for the next few days as the chemo effects hit. Love you all.....

II Corinthians 1:9b But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.

No comments: