Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Flu

Romans 5:3 We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance character, and character hope.

No, I don't have the flu but my son, Christopher does. He went to camp last week and they sent home 5 kids with the flu. Christopher and another boy from our town who went to camp was in contact with one of the campers and now have both come down with the flu. The first thing I did was to quarantine my son to his bedroom--poor kid. My neighbor's son also has the flu and she uses lysol spray alot so she gave me a can of it to help disinfect our house. While I was getting my blood drawn yesterday, I talked with the nurse about what I should be doing. She gave me a couple of masks to use and told me to use my own utensils and lots of handwashing. My mom sent me infomation on other things you can do such as gargling, drinking warm liquids (I've been drinking lots of hot tea) and cleaning nasal passages with warm salt water. I am praying that I do not come down with the flu. Right now, my white blood count is down so wouldn't be a good thing. Also, next week I am to go to Washington DC to speak to legislators so I don't want to miss that opportunity. Pray for me and the other members of my family that we stay healthy. Christopher is on tamaflu which should shorten his duration of the flu. I hope he is feeling better today. He has been quite sick. I didn't go to church since I know that so many people are sick. I miss going but there is a great internet church (www.lifechurch.tv) that I go to with my friend, Teresa and her sister , Shirley. The music and messages are always great. If you can't physically go to church, then this is a good way to go to church. Thanks for your prayers and concern. I love you all. And thanks for your comments that you send to me.

Today I am going to get my Herceptin medication. Luckily, it doesn't bother me; just takes time to do. Have a great day.

John 16:33 In this world you will have trouble. But take heart!! I have overcome the world.

No comments: