Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chemo Day 5

Hebrews 13:5 For He has said, I will never leave you or forsake you.
May your troubled heart find peace and comfort in the knowledge that you are never alone. May God's presence ease your trembling spirit and give you rest. He knows how you feel. He is ever aware of your circumstances and ready to be your strength, your grace, and your peace. He is there to cast sunlight into all your darkened shadows, so send encouragement through the love of friends and family and to replace your weariness with new hope. (from part of a card)

Last night I started to have some bone pain and thought today would be worse but not so bad. It seems to be more in my ankles and hip joints. Also had constipation which of course I just hate. Sorta of funny that I had constipation today for I went to see the gastroenterologist (stomach dr) but all I really saw was his nurse practicioner who was really nice. I went for my primary care doctor wants me to have a colonoscopy--yucky!!! Only because I am 50 years old and sometimes having breast cancer can lead to colon cancer. I got to talk to the nurse practioner about my breast cancer for she wanted to ask a personal question about how my cancer was found. We talked about mammograms and how I was late in getting one and she is late now. I told her that if ever she or anyone she knows is diagnosed with breast cancer that they should get the breast MRI. That is my message to ladies these days. While talking to her, I realized that even if I had my mammogram on time, it might not have shown up at that time for I had just started hormone therapy after having a hysterectomy. The tumor was estrogen positive so probably grew quickly from the hormone therapy I was receiving. It might not have grown enough in the beginning for it to be noticed in a mammorgram. Of course, I don't know this--just speculating. I do encourage of you ladies to get mammorgrams on a regular basis. It is so much better to catch cancer early on. Many don't even need chemo unless it starts to move to other parts like lymph nodes. Anyway, I will be having a colonoscopy next month on Nov. 17. I dread the prep. Larry had this done last Feb. so sorta of know what to expect. Thanks to all who are praying for me. You are all so kind!!!! Love you.....

God is your stronghold, and with Him as your guide, you need never be afraid. No circumstances can block HIs love. No grief is too hard for Him to bear. No task is too difficult for Him to complete. When what you are feeling is simply too deep for words and nothing anyone does or says can provide you with the relief you need, God understands. He is your provider--today, tomorrow, and always. And He loves you. Cast all your cares on Him and believe. (from the rest of the card I posted on top)

No comments: