Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tattoos

Colossians 3:15-17 Let the peace of God rule in your hearts...And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. Whatever you do, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving the glory to God.

Today I have been feeling so loved and blessed by God and just rejoicing in Him. Nothing special happened, just feeling that way. :) You are wondering why I got tattoos. I am a lady who never, ever wanted a tattoo--still don't but today, I got 3 of them. Wasn't by choice though. Let me explain....I went to see the radiation dr. and today was "planning day". They took CT scans to see where they plan to radiate and then they tattooed me with 3 freckle size pinmarks. Two of them didn't hurt but one was in a sensitive spot so hurt for just a moment. The man who made the tattoos said it's a low ink type they use and should fade away within 5-7 years!!!!. Great....oh, well, you can't see them (I'm not showing them off) lol. Today was an embarrassing day for my left breast had to be exposed as they did the CT Scan and they put tape around my breast, then marked it, then tattooed it. Also, the guy took pictures of my breast with a regular camera. They better not make their way to the internet. lol. The doctor came in too when all the tape was put down to see if all looked well....but of course, you know these guys have seen thousands of breasts by now so no big deal to them. Probably have seen tons of breast areas that had mascetomies too. Anyway, they gave me a month's schedule for radiation. I start next Tuesday--10-27. Sooner than I thought but I am glad. Let's get this over with. He gave me some aloe vera gel and said I could buy a bigger bottle at Walmart or any drugstore, etc. Told me to use it several times a day to help decrease redness and pain due to the irritation to the skin. One lady told me she used it from day one and really didn't have a problem with it. Also gave me some type of deodorant to use on the left side. My schedule is really different the first week and it will take longer as they take x-rays to be sure they are in right spot. Then starting in Nov. , it is usually at 9 am except on thursday which will be at 2:50 pm (I requested Thurs. afternoonn since I am in town most of the afternoon anyway). I am ready to get started!!!!!

I am feeling better today--very little pain but still tired. I have a long day ahead of me but maybe I can go to my dad's house to rest for some of the time. I am to get my coumadin level check this afternoon. Hope it's good--last time it was too high. Thanks for your prayers.

Psalm 14:30 A heart at peace gives life to the body....

No comments: