Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday--Nov. 20

Psalm 9:18 Thsoe who know your name will trust in You, for you, lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Looks like I am off to San Antonio to finish up my radiation treatments. I had a few scares for I called insurance today to be sure they will cover the set up for radiation and the guy said that the hospital wasn't covered but in the process of recertification but said I should get the tax ID to be sure. I called the hospital and they said they checked and I am covered but she gave me the tax ID so I called back and sure enough, I am covered there. yea!!!!! I talked to the doctor who will be treating me. He was confused on why I was coming so explained to him and he understood but thought it was terrible that I had to go down there. He says the doctors and patients get caught in the middle. He said he would even treat me for free but I told him that he was covered by my insurance. What a nice dr. Anyway, I am to be there on Monday morning. The nurse said they never had anyone transfer after receiving so many treatments but she understood my reasoning when I explained. She seemed nice. I have to admit, I was getting quite frustrated and teary there for awhile. I almost wanted to quit again but don't worry Mother, I won't .....I even said that to the dr. and he said, no, you can't do that.

I did not take any radiation treatments yesterday or today. My dr. said it was okay to miss these days. I had to call to reschedule some dr. appts. and my coumadin level checks. I went in today to get coumadin level checked and it was high again. I am trying to get any appts on Mondays so hopefully I can get radiation treatment on Monday at a late time and then travel to San Antonio on Monday. It will be harder for my boys to do school in the car but they have done it before.

Today I have been so scatterbrained with my thoughts going everywhere trying to get things ready for my trip. So much to do.....did laundry, started to pack clothes, gathered up school books and items we will need plus made lesson plans for the next 2 weeks. Plus I had to do school with the boys today--I was behind in reading Chemistry (yes, I have to read it then go over it with the boys even though they have read it too but they seem to need extra teaching on it. ) There were many other little things to do too. Tonight we are going to watch a play at the college where my daughter is the assistant stage manager. Tomorrow we are going out of town for a basketball game. I know I should stay home but I want to support my boys and maybe even see my mom since it's near her. I will be taking my laptop plus my sister does have a computer so I will continue to blog my experiences. Thanks for all your prayers. Just pray that the insurance really does cover this and just for all of us to adjust to being in a different place and for my sister and her family as they adjust to us being there. Pray that I remember everything I need to take. This will be a weird week with it being Thanksgiving for I will probably leave San Antonio and drive straight to my mom's to celebrate Thanksgiving there. Well, love you all and thanks again for your prayers.

Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

No comments: