Monday, November 30, 2009

Herceptin and Radiation day 19

Psalm 116:5-6 The Lord is gracious and righteous; Our God is full of compassionl. The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.

Had Herceptin infusion today at the chemo clinic in my town. Dropped the boys off at the library to do school work while I had my medication. I told them about my problems with the radiation center not being covered by my insurance. They said that they didn't even know for a while that it wasn't part of that medical system. Anyway, they were able to get the Herceptin in quickly so I was finished by 10 am. Picked up the boys and off we went to San Antonio. While receiving the Herceptin, I really got tired and was just about to take a short nap when the infusion pump went off saying it was done. I was tired all the way to San Antonio. Brandon brought his guitar so played it in the car and we sang together which was fun and kept me wide awake. I am still tired!!! We got to San Antonio in time for me to drop off the boys at my sister's and unpack the car. Then I left for my radiation treatment. I realized that I didn't have my parking permit--Larry had taken it off the dashboard and put it on the clip on the console but it wasn't there anymore. I searched around it but couldn't find it. I parked in the cancer center parking anyway and asked the secretary for another one. I think I caught her at a bad time (they had just received an unexpected patient belonging to a different dr. that doesn't come there often) for when I asked, she gave me a look that could have killed. Apparently, you get only one permit but she let me sign in some logbook. Maybe because I am tired, I was also emotional and just wanted to cry and thought, what a silly thing to get upset about. On my way out, I saw a parking lot not too far away that doesn't cost. Most of them cost to use. Today, I saw the doctor and he informed me that I am going to get burned. The doctors always say that to me. Guess it will happen but who knows when. I also had x-rays--they always do it on Mondays plus weigh you. I asked if I could have an earlier time on Friday so I could leave earlier to go home and so now I am scheduled for 10:45 am instead of 2:30 pm. That is great since my boys do have a basketball game that night.

After my radiation treatment, I went to my nephew's high school to watch his basketball game but got lost on the way. It should have been easy to get there for I was on the right street which would have taken me to his high school but at one point, it turns left at a light, and I just kept on going straight. I finally figured out that something wasn't right so turned around, then stopped at a shopping center and looked at my map. Called my sister to say I was late and lost but I think I figured it out. lol. Finally got there at the same time as my brother-in-law. I was starving for some reason so ate my sandwich that my sister made for us at 4:30. After my nephew's basketball, I decided to leave. My sister had to work the concession stand and the boys stayed too so I went to the grocery store and now I am at my sister's all alone--well the dog is sleeping next me while I sit on the couch. lol. Sweet dog. So nice and quiet here. I may go to bed early tonight!!! I really worked alot this past weekend doing so much at home to get ready to come back to San Antonio. I think that is why I am so tired. Well, thanks for your prayers and love......

Psalm 142:1-3 I cry aloud to the Lord; I lift my voice to the Lored for mercy. I pour out my complaint before him; before him I t ell my trouble. When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way.

No comments: