Tuesday, December 1, 2009

radiation day 20

Psalm 62:2 He also is my Rock, and my salvation, he is my fortrress, I will not be shaken.

Today they did something different at radiation. I got my first boost and will have at least 3 more boosts. A boost is a higher dose of radiaiton. But the intersting thing is what they put on my skin. It is called a bolus--looks rubbery, peachy translucent colored , and about 1/2 inch thick. They use it to fool the machine in thinking it is skin so that they get the radiation more to the surface. The doctor is wanting a certain area to be radiated due to a shadow he saw on the CT scan and not sure what it is. Wants to be sure to get it in case it is cancer. There were 5 people around me trying to decide exactly where it needs to go. Then more came in so they could show them where it goes for some reason--maybe in case they work on me another time. No need to be embarrassed these days. They are all so nice so that it is easy to let them do what they need to do. They traced around the bolus so now I am marked up even more. Good thing I can hide it. I am starting to turn red but doesn't hurt. I am putting the aloe vera gel on more often.

Today is cold and dreary here in San Antonio--rainy most of the day. I am freezing--brrrr....not so tired today which is nice. I slept well last night. Thanks for your prayers.

Psalm 32:7 You are my hiding place, you will protect me form trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

No comments: