Monday, December 7, 2009

radiation day 24

Psalm 69:30 I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Before going back to San Antonio today, I had to get my blood checked for the coumadin level. Yea, the level was where it is suppose to be. So, no changes on my dosages. We finally left town after running several small errands. It was foggy for about 1 1/2 hours then finally the fog lifted but in San Antonio, it is misting. I went for my radiation treatment, praying that a plan was made and that I would get a treatment. Sure, enough...a plan was made. They are now giving my radiation straight forward. All my other treatments have been from the sides in a diagonal direction. Also, the machine was really close to my skin so no more use of the bolus. It is a boost dose which means a higher level of radiation was given. I asked how many days I had left and the tech told me 9 more days. I don't know if that included today's treatment (I asked before I got the treatment) or not. Even if it means I have 9 more after today's treatment, I will finish when I thought I would; Dec. 18. But she said I might have to come back for a reassessment. Right now, I will be staying at a different place than my sister's for the last 2-3 days since my brother-in-law is having surgery and would be uncomfortable with us here. I understand that. There are 2 choices so my sister and I will check those out this week. One is at a friend's of my sister who has a mother-in-law suite with own kitchen and living area but it is a little further away from the medical center (a very nice home for my sister went there this past weekend for a party) and the other place is a house owned by her church but it is used for other things but may not be busy due to Christmas season. She will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers--they sure worked!!!

Psalm 73:28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

No comments: