Monday, December 21, 2009

Onocologist visit and Herceptin infusion

I Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast.

Saw the onocologist today. He said that my cancer markers were good...in other words, no signs of cancer. Yippee!!!! I told him that the doctor in San Antonio saw a shadow on the cat scan and was concerned. He said we'll do another cat scan sometime. He decided not to start the Arimidex (anti-estrogen medication) now so that I can have a break!!! Will start it in Feb. when I see him next (Feb. 1). I am to have a echocardiogram (checking my heart) on Jan. 15 to be sure the Herceptin hasn't caused any heart damage. I had Herceptin today and it infused without any problems. My port is doing well!!! I also had my coumadin level checked and it was where it needed to be which makes it 2 times in a row that it is good so I don't have to go back for a month--the first time. I usually go every 2 or 3 weeks. So, today was good news day!!! So nice before Christmas. I finished reading the book "After breast Cancer". It was a good book and so helpful. My radiated area still bothers me and looks an angry red but no blisters. It is almost itchy too. Can't scratch it!!! Wearing a bra definitely bothers me so I am actually going out this evening without one---yikes. I have my support undershirt thing on which helps and will probably put on a jacket too. Just going to a store while my boys are at basketball practice. Thanks for your prayers---couldn't have made it without your prayers and support. Love you all......

I Chronicles 16:10-11 Glory in His Holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and His strength; seek his face always.

No comments: