Friday, December 18, 2009

Last radiation treatment

May this be a day when your heart lives in the beauty of God's love...abides in the strength of His joy...and rests in peace from above. "He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust. Psalm 91:4" (from a card)

I can't believe I am really done with radiation. It becomes a part of your life since you go practically every day and you get to know the people, etc but I am happy not to be going anymore. I will go back to see the doctor in San Antonio on Jan. 12. The techs were so sweet and gave me hugs. I do believe I am their youngest patient--where do the young ones go? All I ever saw were older and some very much older patients. I saw the doctor briefly today and he said I still could get blistered since he gave me a mega dose of radiation today. I am hurting--feels like a burn (well, lol, it is burned!!) I think it could be slightly swollen too for my bra left an imprint from where the edge of the bra was. I wanted to not wear a bra but since we were spending one night with a friend, i didn't get my big suitcase out and had only what i absolutely needed in a grocery bag and my support tank top thing was packed away. Tomorrow, I'll wear that instead of the bra.

When I went to my friend's last night, I tripped over their dog trying to get away from their puppy who was wanting to jump on me. I fell on their sidewalk and scraped up my knee and thumb and felt so foolish for falling. My friend who is actually not in good health herself was really concerned that I hurt my port but I wasn't hurt too bad. Silly me......but we had a great visit.

Today after radiation, we (the boys and I ) drove straight to our town and I had a chiropracter appt. My back has been hurting for several weekends. I needed an adjustment so hopefully, I will feel better now. I haven't been hurting very much at my sister's but I didn't do alot there either.

One of my friends who follows this blog gave me a gift today when we were at the boys basketball game (her husband is the coach--thanks Mrs. Coach) to celebrate my finishing radiaiton--how sweet!!! It's a pillow looking wall hanging that says "The Lord is my Strength and my Song Exodus 15:2" How sweet!!! It's blue and matches my house perfectly. It will remind me of how the Lord did give me strength to go through all that I've been through. I appreciate all of your prayers for without them, it would have been harder.

Thinking of you today---hope happy thoughts flutter around you today, bring you comfort and reasons to smile...

No comments: