Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Great news on finances

Psalm 118: 28-29 You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you. Give thanks to the Lored, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Great news!!!! I went to the cancer center here in my town to talk about my bill. In case you don't know, I took about 15 treatments here in my town and realized that the center is not part of my insurance's plan so they paid very little. I went to San Antonio when I discovered that my insurance wasn't paying for I should be 100% covered if the center I go to is in the plan. That means that I shouldn't be paying anything except co-pays for doctor visits. So. since I had 15 treatments, my bill was getting quite high--thousands of dollars. I went to see if I could pay a lesser amount for no one had told me that they were not part of the hospital system that their building is in--they just rent the building space. That is why I didn't check to see about my insurance for they are in the same building as my doctors and chemo clinic, so I thought they were part of the same system. Anyway, at this moment, the bill for the center was up to $10,000 with more to come and I asked if I could give just $5000 and call it good and they discussed it and said yes!!!!! My sweet mom had given me a $5000 check to help with the bill so I gave that to them. The business director came out to see me and thanked me for wanting to settle my bill. I was surprised that he did that but maybe they are happy not to have to "come after me to pay" or maybe something else,....who knows but anyway, they were nice about it all. I then asked about the doctor's bill. They went to talk to the doctor and he decided to charge me medicare rate and my insurance paid even more than medicare would have so I don't owe a penny there!!! God is so good. Oh, how I prayed today---all day-- that their hearts would be softened and understanding. Thanks for your prayers!!!! God does hear!!!

Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs accordking to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

No comments: