Wednesday, December 9, 2009

radiaton day 26

Psalm 103:1-3 Praise The Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.

I had a different tech today that I've seen around but never with me. She was curious to know how red I was and asked the other tech if I was red and she said that yes, but was doing pretty good, that it wasn't very bad. Ummm, I guess many others have it really bad...maybe it's because of the aloe vera gel that I keep using. Some of the redness is sorta of turning a light brownish color--almost like a tan but a weirder brown. Oh, well..... I had to buy more aloe vera gel. Went to Target yesterday but they only carried the green kind and I am to use only the clear kind. Found some at Walmart today. I asked for an earlier time for Friday so I will be going in at 9 am--yea. That means I can get home earlier. We plan to decorate our Christmas tree Friday evening so this will give me time to get home and put the tree up and put the lights on. I can't remember ever putting my tree up so late--usually it gets done quite early. I'm not there to enjoy it anyway. My sister has her tree up so that is nice.

Today my breast felt sore again but doesn't really hurt. I want you to know that having radiation isn't really that bad. I talked to a friend today and she thought that it might be making me sick like chemo does. She was amazed how well I sounded--I really feel great. I hope to be seeing this friend, Susan, next week for she lives south of here but not far.

I visited the house that we will probably stay in for a night or two next week when my brother-in-law comes home from his surgery. It has a nice kitchen but no couch for the living area or really any chairs except the kind you have in a Sunday classroom with those big tables. It has a bed and the boys will have to sleep on cots but they are doing that here at my sister's too. Probably no computer access either for me....:(. I am trying to plan activities for us to do so that we won't get too bored there. There is a DVD player with TV there on a rolling cart so hopefully it will stay. That would be helpful. It's just for a night or two. The church is nice to let us use it so no complaining here. God does provide. Thanks again for your prayers.

Psalm 145:17-19 The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving towards all He has made. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires on those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.

No comments: