Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve incident


Merry Christmas!!!!


Just a quick note!! Last night I ruined my wig!!! Yes, I singed it by taking a pie out of the oven for my stepmom at my dad's house. We were celebrating Christmas Eve with them. Sarah said my hair was messed up but I thought it was just caused by the wind--it was a windy day. But when looking in the mirror, I noticed it looked strange and then it dawned on me,....it's melted some. It looks awful. It's the bangs.....so, now what am I going to do. I still need to wear a wig. It cost me $70!!! I have some free ones but I really don't like them. I was close to tears. Early this morning while still half asleep, I was thinking about the wig. I never wear it at home when cooking so never had a problem with taking things out of the oven. It never occured to me that I could ruin my wig that way. I will admit that I was slightly upset with God for letting that happen---as if it was his fault. I rarely get upset with Him but I was thinking that He's not going to repair it so why.......why, did it happen; after all I was helping out, being nice. Silly me...it's just a wig. Sarah thinks she can fix it since she works with wigs in the theatre but I don't see how anything can be done to fix it.....oh, well......I'm not going to let it ruin my Christmas ...after all I will just wear my Santa's hat. :) Merry Christmas!!! Love you....
Luke 2:10-11 I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord!!!

2 comments:

Deja said...

Oh, Kelly...I'm so sorry that happened to your wig. And on Christmas Eve no less. You continue to amaze me with your transparency as you deal with your cancer! I wonder what blessing the Lord has for you after this "meltdown". Sorry for the pun, I couldn't resist. BTW, I LOVE the picture of you with your Santa hat...maybe you can just wear that until your hair gets longer. You can tell people that you just love Christmas so much, you want to carry it with you throughout the year...

Kelly said...

Glad you like the picture with the Santa hat. I considered wearing it in public--hahha but didn't .