Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday am

Isaiah 46:4 I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you.; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

My radiation treatment went well on Friday and it was early so was able to come home early. I have a weird spot on my breast from the radiation. It is sorta of white while everything else is reddish-brown around it. Almost like the skin peeled off but it's not. Weird. Doesn't hurt. But the whole breast sometimes feels bruised-like but at least it doesn't feel like a burn. I am hoping that next week is my last week. We got a notice from the insurance and they didn't pay 100% on the doctor's bill for the first day so not sure what is up with that. I need to check it out. Makes me frustated since that is why I am having treatments in San Antonio; to have 100% coverage. Argh.....

Pray for my brother-in-law...he has prostate cancer and is having his surgery on Tuesday. He seems to be doing okay but I hope to have a better talk with him tomorrow about it. We might have to stay in a different place after he gets home from surgery which I understand him being uncomfortable with us there. It's a wait and see thing right now. A friend who lives further south wants us to come and spend Thursday night with her...maybe....she's a teacher and is busy at this time of year. I hope we do get to see her.

I've been having problems with my back lately and is really bothering me this weekend. I have to sit down and rest quite a bit which is frustrating when I have so many things to do. I have scoliosis so have dealt with back pain all my adult life. I tried to get in to see the chiropracter for they used to be open on Saturdays but not any more. I will try to get an appt. for Friday when I come back home next week. I received a sweet package from a friend of my mother's (I don't even know the lady). She had breast cancer a year ago and so understands what I am going through. She sent a DVD with little pink boxing gloves (small) which I am assuming it goes along with the DVD. I've not watched it yet but I'm thinking it has to to do with breast cancer. Well, thanks again so much for your prayers and faithfulness in keeping up with my blog. The end of radiation is near and it is exciting to know that this phase of my treatment is nearly over. !!!! yea!!!!

Isaiah 49:13 ...for the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

No comments: