Wednesday, December 16, 2009

radiation day 31

Isaiah 40:28 The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.

Only 2 more treatments!!!! I am so excited!!! It is interesting that the area where they are giving me the boost doses of radiation is really turning red whereas the other areas that was red is finally fading. The boost area is higher up so have to be so careful in what clothes I wear. I had to get blood work today. The lab tech wasn't bad but I've had better ones. It did hurt for a while after she took blood. After my treatment today, I went to visit my brother-in-law in the hospital since I drive right by it. He is doing pretty well but decided to stay an extra night to get rest, etc. He will come home tomorrow. I took my boys and his boys there this evening on our way downtown to the river walk. He was appreciative of the visit and we made it short so as not to wear him out plus we wanted to get downtown. We had a great time there but it got misty so we got wet but not much. We took a tour of the river by a boat, then we walked through the river center mall then walked to the Alamo to see the downtown Christmas tree. All so pretty. This morning I went walking which was nice for I've not excercised except walking around a mall which isn't the best of exercise, lol.

I've been reading today on a book called "After Breast Cancer". I had read some of it before but now I am trying to finish it. It's a good book. Made me think about how I feel about my cancer. I am not worrying about it coming back. I am leaving all that into God's hands; besides, I feel that I am healed!!! The book talks about doing something to remember the anniversary of either when you were diagnosed, or when you had surgery, or finished treatments or something that you can recall the date and to think each year, ao you can say "well...another year has gone by since my cancer". I think I will remember the day I was diagnosed as my anniversary date--March 26.

Tomorrow I am going to visit a friend that lives one hour from my sister's house and stay there overnight. She is like an older sister to me. I've known her since 1983. She's a school teacher and has been really busy but she will have time tomorrow for us. I am excited about seeing her. I may not get a chance to write on my blog tomorrow since I am going there right after my treatment and I doubt she has wireless internet there for she's not a computer person. Thanks for your prayers.

Isaiah 40:29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

No comments: