Monday, December 14, 2009

radiation day 29

Psalm 18:16, 19 He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

Went back to San Antonio today--had safe trip but was so sleepy for some reason. Mondays are doctor visit days and weigh in day. My weight was down--amazing since it's Christmas time and I eat extra goodies at this time. lol. I had my treatment before seeing the doctor and they did the same kind of treatment as last week. Then I saw the doctor. He said that I would be done on Thursday which is a day earlier than I expected. I was so excited. Then he wanted to see how my skin was looking. The nurse and doctor was amazed that I was some red but no blisters. He said that many people get blisters like in a 2nd degree burns but I've not have that at all--because of prayers!!!! I am to come back Jan. 12 for a followup visit then just be followed by my onocologist. He was concerned about that shadowy area he saw on the CT Scan for he believes that the surgery didn't get all of the cancer. I don't know about that for on the pathology report it said that the margins around the cancer was clear which indicates that the cancer was all taken out. I'm not going to worry about it. God is in control. I went to the grocery store after my treament and while there, my doctor called. He said that after looking at my chart again and knowing that my skin is looking well, he had decided to do one more treatment--an extra mega dose!!! Oh, phooey, that means I am done on Friday now but that is okay since I expected that anyway.

My brother-in-law is having his prostate surgery tomorrow am. Pray for him. He seems to be in good spirits. He is taking a colon prep today which is not fun. I know since I did that just last month for my colonoscopy. I am glad I can be here to help out with their boys and anything else like send out emails. We had a good discussion this evening about having cancer. He has a great attitude too and is encouraing all men to have the PSA test. His high PSA was discovered when he went for a physical to be a boy scout leader who goes camping.

I looked at my insurance again and have decided that my insurance is paying for the doctor and clinic here. My husband just didn't understand how to read it. So, I was happy to find out that insurance is paying. Thanks for all your prayers and love.....

Psalm 118:1 Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love endures forever.

No comments: