Thursday, December 31, 2009

wig


I Chronicle 16:10-11 Glory in His Holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rerjoice. Look to the Lord and his strength, seek his face always.


My hair is really starting to grow--blonde looking but not curly. I acutally shaved my legs the other day--was the first time in months. It felt good, hard to imagine since I hate shaving. lol. I went into town to go shopping today and decided to wear another wig that I got back in May from the American Cancer society. It is very short--not me at all but I wore it. My son took a picture which I will put on this post. A friend said she liked it and my daughter, wasn't too sure about it--"interesting hairstyle". In other words....you are crazy!!! lol. Oh, well.....who knows, maybe I will continue to wear it. I got a terrible headache while in town which is unusual for me and it went away after i took my wig off. Wonder if there is a connection... I told you that I am trying to lose weight by using my Wii Fit Plus. I have lost almost 5 pounds in 2 days. Wow, lost all my Christmas weight. I hope I can continue to lose the pounds. My skin at the radiated site is looking awful--like an alligator--lol. It is dry and peeling but thick and just so rough feeling. Not sure if the aloe vera gel is helping but I am trying to apply it often. Still hurts to sleep on my side but it is getting some better.


I am looking forward to the new year. I am praying that 2010 is a wonderful year and I am wishing each of you a happy , happy new year!!! Thanks for being interested in my life and my journey through cancer. Some of you I know but there are others that I don't know and yet, you continue to check up on me and I hope you are praying for me and growing closer to God as I am. Love you all....


Galatians 6:2a Carry each other's burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

4 comments:

Deja said...

Kelly,
I LOVE THE SHORT HAIR! Then again, I AM partial to shorter hair LOL. Seems like the short wig would make a good transitional thing as you venture out with your own hair!

MAAM said...

I think its very cute. I think Deja has a great idea for it to be a transition. get used to that short hair and then you'll be more comfortable when your own comes in. I think if that wig is any indication, you'll look great with your own short hair!

Kelly said...

Thanks Deja and Melissa!!! Glad you liked the wig. Wore it again and I am getting used to it. Will wear it to church--be the first time around lots of people I know. We'll see.....

Heather said...

I like it Kelly! and I agree that it will be a great transition when your own hair is grown out enough not to have to wear the wig. It really is a cute style on you!