Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Radiation day 11 plus dr. visit

I Chronicles 16:11 Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.

Each day brings me closer to the end of radiaton!!! Of course, I still have several weeks to go but the end will be here before I know it. Tuesdays are doctor days so they weigh me and took an x-ray too. I saw the radiation dr. and he said all is looking well. He reminded me that I will get redness. I asked when that might start occurring since I've not experienced any redness yet. He said I should start seeing it maybe next week. I am faithfully using the aloe vera get but usually twice a day and not 3 times like I had planned. I just forget in the middle of the day. I'm sure if I'm feeling some burning, I will be wanting to put it on. lol.

Some of you might be wondering if my hair is growing back yet. Last month I had some hair growth on the top of my head but it hasn't changed since. I had chemo and hoped it wouldn't come back out and it didn't but maybe it kept it from growing. I thought by now it would start growing again. I noticed a few days ago that I did lose some hair on my arms for I had quite hairy arms (blonde hairs so not too noticable). So, no hair growing on legs, underarms, eyebrows nor eyelids. However, I did have a hair grow on my chin---oh, no, that is not where I want hairs to grow. lol. I plucked that one right out!!! Oh, well....I'm sure that my hair will start growing soon. At least I am hoping.....

My brother-in-law was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few months ago and just found out that it is aggressive so he has to have surgery in Dec. I am praying that they will have the peace that comes from God as I have peace. Reminds me of my first few days of realizing I have cancer. It is never fun to find out you have cancer but God is good and will give them the strength to get through this as He has given me. Love you, my dear sister!!!! Pray for them too when you pray for me--Khristi and Jim!!! Thanks always for your dear prayers.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight!!!

No comments: