Saturday, May 9, 2009

2nd post op day

Psalm 121:1 I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip--he who watches over you will not slumber. The Lord will keep you from all harm, he will watch over our life!!

I praise God that He does watch over me every day. I know He cares about even the little things in our lives. Today is a good day for me. I got to take off my dressing and finally take a shower--oh, it felt so good. Amazes me how much betadine they use and the areas of my body that is covered with it. I think we got most of it off now. Yea!!! I got up and watered all my plants--inside and outside. I straightened up the kitchen but don't worry, I'm mostly sitting around resting. It's hard...I have to admit when I see that the kitchen could use a sweeping and mopping, etc. My boys are working and daughter is gone most of the time. Larry has been busy trying to fix up Sarah's computer that crashed yesterday. Oh, that reminds me. Larry bought me a laptop so I can use the computer on these days when I don't feel like sitting at the computer desk. I am enjoying it. Thanks my dear hubby!!! I was able to sleep in my bed last night. I am just using tylenol to help out with pain. It's not much but it is hard to bring my right arm to my left arm or to raise it up. It will get better..... I didn't hear from the doctor yesterday about the fluid from lung so hoping to hear on Monday. Christopher cooked dinner for me last night--did a good job. Brandon plans to do it tonight. God is good to me that my boys enjoy cooking!!! I am able to eat whatever now-- no more nausea. Thanks for your prayers.

Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you. So glad to hear things went as well as they did.

What a sweety Larry is for buying the laptop for you.

LisaShaw said...

Continuing to pray for you. I pray it was a good day for you today. God bless you.

MAAM said...

Larry is a keeper! yay on the laptop!

I am glad you had a good day yesterday and pray you had a blessed mother's day today.