Friday, May 22, 2009

Chemo Day 4

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

Slowly but surely I am feeling better. Yesterday, I woke up ready to tackle the world so ate cereal, set up the sprinkler to water the yard then showered. By the time I was showered, I was nauseated, weak, and tired. Back to bed I went and slept on and off until 2 pm. I had no appetite so ate very little. I have lost weight but probably will gain it back once I start eating again. lol. In the evening, when my family was heating up dinner, the smell of meat made me sick. It was awful. Even today when kids were heating up pizza, the smell of the pepperoni made me nauseated but at least I didn't get sick. Today I decided it was time to get of the bed for a while but taking things slowly. I'm not really nauseated and starting to eat a little--pudding for snack and ate scrambled eggs for lunch (need some protein but not ready for meat). Sarah took the boys to see a play that was being performed so that gave me time to myself. I did some laundry--had to wash everything I wore or used since chemo separately from everyone else--even washed my sheets. Mainly I just relaxed in front of the TV and watched 'I Love Lucy' which made me laugh which I needed!!! It is now early afternoon and I'm back in the bed and plan to nap some and just rest. I feel weak. I also have this awful metallic taste in my mouth which is common after taking chemo. That just started today--I thought maybe I got out of that one. Yesterday, some headcovers I had ordered came in. Still hard to believe that soon my hair will be gone. That is going to be hard on me. But by God's grace, He will give me the strength to get through it. I think I will look so awful.....well, my life is more important than my looks, right? I have to keep telling myself that. The headcovers are cute and soft. Thanks again for your prayers. Without them, this would be even rougher. God is carrying me through this journey. We all go through tough times and God will be with each one of us no matter what journey or path we are traveling on. God bless you all. Love and hugs to all.....

Psalm 41:3 The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

So glad to find the Comments button. I'm keeping up with you. May the chemo be striking the cancer cells as quickly as you are experiencing the side effects of it! What a hassel to be ill and exhausted and have to add to the woes of laundry. Praying for you daily! Love you lots!!!!
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Praying. Unfortunately, those side effects...you just never know. Know that our Father is with you always. Hair loss...you are still beautiful! Hair or no hair. I am sure DH did not marry you because of your hair, right? You take care and continue resting. Yvonne