Saturday, May 16, 2009

Busy day

Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?

Today has been busy plus I had some up and down moments. My up moment was this morning when the whole family went to my husband's work picnic. I didn't really see many people I knew but it was fun just being together as a family( even my busy daughter came) and walking around looking at the lake (picnic was next to the lake) and being free to enjoy life. My busy moment was this afternoon when I decided to do a cooking marathon!! I made 5 meals--3 to freeze for my family to eat after I have chemo (2 meals will last 2 days so they are taken care for 5 days), one meal for this evening and one for tomorrow after church. I also have been craving pumpkin pie so made it and enjoyed it for dessert!!! Made homemade bread (4 small loaves) which I froze most of them for later. I was going to make some muffins with the leftover pumpkin but decided to make in the morning for breakfast. Whew, I was tired and my feet were hurting but sure felt good to accomplish something. My down moment was after I cooked, I was sitting out on the porch enjoying the cool breeze and listening to the birds when suddenly I felt teary-eyed and sad. I know that my life is about to change and how I dread what is about to happen. It lasted for about 4-5 minutes for then I felt God telling me to remember His Word that has been surrounding me for weeks now. I recalled several scriptures and my spirits were lifted. I didn't take time to have my quiet time this morning as I usually do, therefore, my guard was down. Oh, how important it is to surround myself in God's word. I need to remember to put on the armor of God daily so that I can fight Satan's arrows. He was trying to get me down but I won't let him. God is my refuge and strength and strong tower. I will cling to Him for He is with me through all of this and I have all of you who care and who encourage me too!!! Thanks for your prayers and encouraging words. There are several of you who I don't know personally who have encouraged me with sweet words. Thanks for sharing with me. And of course, there are you who I do know that have encouraged me too. I need encouragment and prayers to get me through this journey. Love you all..

Psalm 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.

2 comments:

MAAM said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend with the family all together. I'm glad Sarah could join you.

I've been working on memorizing more scripture. Your story of your down moment and bringing up scripture to encourage yourself was what I needed to hear today. (I've been slacking on my memorization this week.) I'm sorry you had a down moment but God did use it for someone else's good...mine.

Kelly said...

Glad I could help you out even in my down times...you just never know how God is going to work. Love you.....