Friday, May 29, 2009

Home and Haircut


Psalm 72:18-19 Praise be to the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone does marvelous deeds. Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with His glory.

Praise the Lord!!! I was finally dismissed to go home and here I am; at home relaxing!!! I have to stay away from crowds and anyone who might be sick. That means I can't go grocery shopping so my hubby will go for me--yikes!!! :) He says he only wants to buy one week of groceries. I have always bought 2 weeks of groceries at one time. And we are in need of groceries so this evening I will be making a list. It will be interesting for me to come up with a one week grocery list. I also won't be able to go to church either--boohoo.
Last night, I got my hair cut really short. Kim, my hairdresser, was so sweet to come up after hours to the hospital to cut my hair. She put my hair in 2 ponytails and chopped those off so I can donate them to 'Locks of Love" (organization that makes wigs for children). I let her do whatever she wanted with my hair. It was cute. I didn't even cry when my hair was cut--guess I have been thinking about this for a long time so I was ready. My daughter wanted to fix it up when I came home so I let her have fun with it. Who knows what it will look like when I just fix it myself. lol. Today is Chemo Day 11 and many times hair starts to fall out on Day 12 so it could happen to me any day. I am not ready for that since I don't have my wigs styled yet. I hope to have it done next week. Now that I am on blood thinners, I have to be careful not to cut myself and can only use an electric razor to shave (Larry bought me one last night). I have to have my blood monitored closely so lots of needle sticks coming up. Yuck!!! Thanks again for all of your prayers. I am at peace and so happy to be at home again. Oh, by the way, my cats were happy to see me too--they followed me around for about 30 minutes. My kids say they have been 'crying' for me especially at night since they usually sleep with me.

Psalm 69:30 I will praise God's name in song and glorify Him with thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So glad your home! Your hair looks great! I love you Kelly! Hang in there and I'll see you soon.