Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chemo Day 1

James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Thank you, thank you so much for your prayers. I could really feel them. I slept pretty well which is good and was doing great this morning until about 1 1/2 hours before time to leave. All of the sudden, my stomach was full of butterflies. I was surprised and to really had to lean on the Lord during that time. I had a good quiet time this morning and did great but I needed some extra God time. The kids were bickering and things just weren't going well which just made me tense or maybe I was tense and they could pick up on it. The one day that I really needed them to be great, was not happening. Isn't that the way it is. lol. I got a little snappy too which is not what I wanted but finally we all left. Sarah took me and we dropped the boys off to play golf while I had chemo. I had to see the doctor first and my blood pressure was higher than normal--I was still nervous even though I felt better. Found out that my blood tests were pretty good--slightly low on hemoglobin count but I usually am anyway. The echocardiogram was fine. After my visit with him, we went to the chemo room. I chose a chair across from a salt water fish aquarium which had some beautiful fish in it. They first gave me some Zofran and Decadron which is to help prevent nausea/vomiting. Then they gave me the first chemo drug which is red, Atriamycin. Then they gave me Cytoxan which took about 1 1/2 hours to run in. Larry couldn't get my computer to work for quite a while and when it was working, then I had visitors but I'm happy to have the visitors--my neighbor/friend, Michelle , who brought me a sonic drink--yummy--thanks Michelle. Then my mother-in-law came to visit too. I never felt nauseated or anything during the treatment. I was surprised. I heard that there might be a metallic taste but didn't have that either. I ate a sandwich which they provided and applesauce with ginger snaps which I brought. I am a bit tired now but I am tired sometimes at this time of day anyway. I have anti nausea medication that I am to take whether I feel good or bad for the next two days. I have to keep my clothes separate from my family's and they can't use the same toilet as I do for the next 3 days!! That's so they won't get any toxic chemicals on them. Well, I thank you all for your prayers and I am praying that I will continue to feel good. Love you all......

Proverbs 15:29b But He hears the prayers of the righteous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise Our Heavenly Father!!! I am glad all went better than expected today. Always in my prayers. Yvonne

Wanda said...

KELLY,
HI THERE i AM A FRIEND OF TERESA'S AND A 5 YEAR SUVIVOR OF BREAST CANCER. DEAR WILL BE 2 TO 2 1/2 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR HAIR STARTS TO FALL OUT.IT THINS PRETTY GOOD AT THIS POINT. ALSO I NEVER GOT SICK WITH CHEMO JUST TIRED SO GET ALL THE REST YOU CAN. THE HAIR GROWS BACK HON. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND HEAL YOU.

Kelly said...

Thanks Wanda for sharing with me your experience.