Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hospital Stay

Psalm 37:3-4 Trust in the Lord and do good, dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

I love the verse I just wrote --one of my favorites. I am trusting the Lord through all of this. My desire is to please the Lord. Not sure why He wants me here in the hospital but I am trusting Him for he knows what is best for me. My desire would be to go home. lol. The doctor today said he wants me to stay until he feels that I have good blood flow to my arm and that the blood clot isn't going to dislodge. He said I might have to stay even until Sat!!!. It's only Wednesday and I am quite bored and just tired of sitting around. It's not the vacation I have dreamed of!!! lol. The doctor came in as I was fixing my hair and sure enough, it seems when I shower and then fix my hair, my arm turns bluish. If I just get up and walk around, it doesn't turn bluish. Something to do when I raise my arm up. Ummmmmm. I am hoping that the beautician is able to come up today and cut my hair. I enjoyed the visitors I had yesterday and am looking forward to some today. My daughter and youngest son are coming up to eat lunch with me as well as my hubby. Sarah has really been good about helping out, taking it upon herself to get the boys where they need to go (when she's not working) and being sure they do what they are suppose to be doing. I think she forgets that they too are teens and can look after themselves. lol. I hear that my cats are missing me --ahhh , how sweet. A friend, Marnie, brought me some books to read so I am reading one called "Same kind of different As me"--about a rich white man and a homeless black man becoming friends. Very good. It's a true story too that happened here in Texas. Cool. Thanks again for your prayers. Love you all......

Psalm 32:20-21 We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and shield. In Him our hearts rejoice for we trust in His holy name.

4 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Continuing to pray for you Kelly. Be encouraged in the presence of the LORD. He loves you dearly.

MAAM said...

Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear you are in the hospital. I didn't check yesterday so was unhappily surprised today.

You continue to be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass...Praying. Yvonne

Valerie Fox said...

What did you think of Same Kind of Different as Me? A friend who works with some sort of homeless agency let me borrow the book. I don't really know what she does, but at least once a year she goes out with a team of people and takes a census of the homeless people in Fort Worth. She is actually out talking with people and such. I liked the book. The guy that was riding with me when I had my accident goes to hear the two men speak fairly often. We were discussing that right before the accident. I liked the book.