Saturday, May 30, 2009

Enjoying being Home

Psalm 52:9 I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.

It is so great to be home again. I am full of energy too but my right arm still has the clot so I have to rest quite often because my arm & hand starts to swell, turn slightly bluish, and hurt due to blood flow being obstructed. It is hard for me to take the time to sit and rest. I try to find useful things to do such as bills, checking insurance payments, etc while sitting & resting. I did some housework and watering the yard, etc. The big thing was letting my husband and Brandon go grocery shopping. I enjoy grocery shopping so have not really ever delegated the whole shopping list to anyone. They did okay but there were some sweets that slipped into the basket plus some items completely forgotten even though it was on the list. lol. I got a sweet surprise today. There is an organization that gives away free hats to cancer patients whether kids or adults. I believe it was started with kids in mind but they give to anyone. This organization , called Heavenly Hats, was started by a teenager years ago and is going strong. Anyway, I signed up for a free hat and it came in the mail today. However, it wasn't just one hat but 5 hats!!! One is a baseball hat, 3 are similar but different colors and I love all the colors, and the last one is a very close fitting thin head covering probably really to wear under hats or a wig. I felt so blessed and almost overwhelmed by the goodness of these people. It is amazing all the people out in the world who want to brighten your day. I also received an email from a lady who gives out free scarves to ladies with breast cancer. I had applied and she hadn't heard back from me on which one I wanted. She had sent the first email the day before my chemo and I just never felt well to check it out. Anyway, today I picked one (black and white flowery one). She designed these herself and the one I picked is a 'It's a wrap" and it's silky and costs normally $72!!! And I will get it free!!! Isn't she sweet!!! My drawer is getting quite full of headcoverings. So far, no hair is coming out--yea. I had fun fixing up my hair today--just used the blowdryer and it all feathered back. I like it that way the best. Thanks for checking up on me. It's been a pretty good day. Just wish my arm would be more cooperative with the blood flow. Oh, well, it will get well soon. I am just praising God for His goodness and the blessings he has showered on me. I felt so wrapped in love today when I was looking at the all cards people have sent me. And not just once, but some have sent 2-3 cards. What wonderful and caring family friends (and even strangers) God has surrounded me with. Some of you who I personally don't know have been so sweet in sending encouraging comments on my blog--thanks--they all mean so much to me. I have been touched by love!!!

I John 4:11 Dear Friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

No comments: