Sunday, May 3, 2009

Exercise

I Samuel 3:18 He is the Lord; let Him do what is good in His eyes.

I am feeling pretty well these days except the muscles around the left breast is still stiff. I am trying to remember to exercise my left arm frequently but I find myself keeping that arm near my side without even thinking. I took my step-mom to rehab (she had shoulder surgery the same day I had the lumpectomy) the other day and watched the kind of exercises she was doing. I am doing similar exercises. They made her do them for 5 minutes a piece except one which she had to do for 20 times. I haven't been exercising that much so I'm going to do better starting today. I try using that arm when I need to so that it helps. I took a 2 mile walk yesterday with my neighbor. I need to do that every day to build my strength. I keep reading that exercise is helpful during cancer treatments however, there hasn't been enough studies to prove it but we all know that exercise is good for us.
Last night I watched a movie on Hallmark about a woman with breast cancer. It was emotional and I cried alot (I cry easily when watching movies-lol). I could identify in so many ways and then it was good for me to see some of the things she did. I wish my family had watched it too but they didn't. I think it was called "Living Out Loud"
I have decided that I need to be a spokesperson for the breast MRI and I will start by writing a letter to my own gyn dr. who refused to let me have the breast MRI. ( Lucky for me that the surgeon ordered the MRI) Last night I wrote it out on paper so now I just need to type it up and send it out. If I can help other women in finding these intramammary lymph nodes that might have cancer, then my own fight will be worth it.
Tomorrow I go to the hospital to have a CT Scan of the abdomen and pelvis plus a bone scan. It will be an all morning thing. (boring too).

Jeremiah 32:26 I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

No comments: