Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hair decision

I Peter 3:3-4 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit which is of great worth in God's sight.

My husband and I are debating on what to do with my hair. More than likely, I will be losing it when I start chemo. I was wanting to cut it to my chin and then when it starts to fall out, shave it off. But my husband thinks I should go ahead and get most of cut off so I can donate my hair to 'Locks of Love' (organization that makes wigs out of real hair). I have donated hair before but my hair was much longer then whereas if I cut that much off now (10 inches), it will be really short. So, I said, if I cut it that short, might as well shave it then and start wearing a wig. He doesn't think I should have the beautician shave my head (not sure if he wants it shaved, but I do). I don't want a short hairdo then suddenly start wearing a wig with mid-length hair. I don't want people to really notice (people I hardly know) that there is something that much different. I don't want people to feel sorry for me...Such silly thoughts, I guess. Am I being vain? Well, still have time to consider what to do. I've been looking for wigs online but would like to look here in town first. Maybe I'll be lucky and get the chemo that you don't lose hair--wouldn't that be nice!!!! I'm feeling much better today--did a lot of work--probably over worked but there are things that needed to be done. I had to take advil for the nerve damage pain was hurting more than usual this evening but now it is feeling much better. Thanks to all who are praying. Love you. God is awesome for He cares even about the little things!!!!

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives gernerously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kelly,
Jana, Malia, Carlie, and I are praying for you, Larry, and kids every day. Your spirit and outlook are an inspiration to all and could only be God-given. Keep praying and trusting in the Lord -- He will not let you down!!

I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." (Isaiah 41:13)