Thursday, May 28, 2009

Still in the hospital

I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

As you can tell by my title, I am still in the hospital but there is hope I will get to go home tomorrow. I don't know what God's plans are for me and why I am here but I do know that I am to trust Him for He knows what is best for me. It is hard to understand at times why certain things happen but I do know that God wants us to draw nearer to Him and keep trusting Him no matter what. If my blood is thin enough tomorrow, then I will be able to go home. It's not quite there but getting close. Pray that it is thin enough tomorrow. However, my white blood count is too low so I was put in isolation this afternoon which means the staff and visitors have to wear masks and gloves so that I will be protected from any 'bugs' that would infect me. He really wants the staff to be careful for there are lots of bugs here in the hospital. That also means no more wandering the halls nor getting drinks, cups of ice, etc for myself. Not only am I in the hospital but now I am a prisoner in my own room--lol. Oh, well.....it won't last forever. I called my onocologist's office to let them know that my blood count was drawn today for it was to be done at the office tomorrow. The nurse checked and saw that my count was quite low so was concerned that they didn't order a shot to bring my count up nor start any antibiotices so she was going to talk to the onocologist to see what should be done so who knows what is in store for me. I hope I won't get the neulasta shot for I hear from my online support group that you should take Claritin before taking the shot to cut down the side effect of bone pain--for some reason Claritin works. I don't know if the doctors would order that for me. I don't want that bone pain . Keep praying...God hears.. Today Larry brought me some of my Christian CD's which I have missed. Ahhh, that music is great for I love praising God and music is a great way to praise!! Love you all....

John 14:1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.

1 comment:

KK said...

kelly,
check out www.thehomeschoollounge.com there's a 24/7 chat room there and almost always someone there to talk to. Would love to see you there!
Blessings,
KK