Saturday, June 27, 2009

3 days before chemo

Psalm 103:1-2 Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.

Three more days before I have chemo treatment number 3!! I am trying to prepare myself for the chemo treatment--physically and mentally. I've been trying to get my home school papers all graded and finally got all the grades written down and report cards done. I feel like I finally accomplished something. I got so behind after finding out about my cancer. Today I made some cut-out sugar cookies for 4th of July which I put into the frreezer until I need them. I am hoping I will feel well enough on the 3rd to ice and decorate them. We are hoping to go to my mother's for the 4th--usually I feel some better by Sat. so I am praying that we can go. My sister and youngest brother with their families will be there too. I am trying to get prepared for that trip so I won't have so much to do next week when I'm not feeling well.

I got my new wig styled and wore it yesterday to a play which my daughter was performing in for her college. It didn't seem that so many people were staring, however, it keeps flipping up when I want it to curl under. It is shoulder length and tends to flip up. Today I bought some rollers so am trying to see if that will help. I will finally feel comfortable enough to go to church tomorrow so I am thrilled about that. We'll see what kind of reactions I get. I was afraid that some people might not recognize me but today at Walmart, someone I sort of know, recognized me so that was good. I have a good friend from out of town that was here for a very short time and she just loved my wig. I had fun with it by putting a clip in it to make it look even more normal. The hair stylist said I could even put it in a low pony tail if I wanted. She said to play around with it.

My oldest son started his first job today and luckily, it's not too far from home so if I have to take him or pick him up on days that I don't feel well, I won't have to go too far. I hope it all works out--the transportation part. It's really too far for him to ride a bike or walk and he doesn't have his license yet. Thanks for all of your prayers, love, concern, and encouragement. It sure helps me get through the tough times. Love you all.....

He watches over field and flower and creatures great and small., tending compassionately to their every need.....May He watch over you now, tenderly t0uching you with His healing hands until you feel your best once again.

No comments: