Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chemo Day 5

Psalm 86:12-13 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

Well, I don't feel like I've actually been down in the grave as in the verse above says, but I was down and I feel that I've been delivered from the awful sick feeling--praise God. I'm not one who likes to be down and sick so each treatment, I dread having to go through the sickness but I know that in the end, it will be worth it. If this is what it takes, then I'll go through it. There are worse things to go through so I feel lucky that I have these few side effects. All I have left is the yuckky taste in my mouth and slight tiredness but not bad. I was able to go to the grocery all by myself and I bought alot of groceries. I felt funny for I was wearing my wig and felt that everyone could tell. Didn't see a single person I knew. I know I will get over this self conciousness eventually. I am still hoping to get a new wig. One that will be more me....lol. I did some housework too after a long rest from shopping. Kids were gone all day so that was nice for me---just to clean and relax by reading a book. I am getting used to going bald at home at times for it gets so hot and I forget that I have my hats off and the kids come in but they are getting to where they don't say anything anymore. Larry is so good and never says anything but seems to understand the need to go just bald at times. lol. But you my friends, will never see me bald---my sister did but she was here taking care of me. Love you Khristi!!! Thanks to all who sent me encouraging cards lately. I am going to start writing some of the things these cards say instead of ending with a verse for I like what these cards say too. Hope you enjoy them too. Love you all...even those who follow my blog that I don't personally know but you send me comments that are so encouraging. Thanks.....

God knows when the hours grow weary and patience is hard to come by. He feels every pain we experience, He sees every tear that we cry. So give Him your hurts and your worries: He's waiting each burden to share. He'll strengthen , uplift and uphold you, and wrap you up warm in His care.

No comments: