Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chemo Day 15

II Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are beng renewed day by day.

Yes, today is day 15!!! I am doing pretty good with just a few little things but overall, I feel fine. Today I've been tired but I didn't sleep well due to some indigeston/gas problems. I am over that now--yea!!! My hair is beginning to shed like a cat--lol. It's just a small amount but more than normal. They say that you usually will start losing your hair from day 14-16. My hairdresser said I had such healthy hair that it might take longer. I received the sweetest note from her today for she was inspired by the way I acted when she was cutting my long hair. I guess she thought I would cry or something but I've been preparing myself for this and knew it needed to be done. It will grow back. I think once all my hair is gone, I might be sad but we'll see....God has been so good for through each little step He is right with me and I just feel His presence knowing that all is well. He is giving me the strength to be strong during this time. It is like the verse I wrote above.....my body is wasting away but I am being renewed by the Holy Spirit each day and I have grown closer to God. I've been praying before I was diagnosed with cancer that I would draw nearer to God. Surely He could have chosen a very different way but this is the path I am taking and I will draw nearer--and am seeing His grace and goodness through all of this. I am just amazed every day at the blessings He showers on me especially through people--like you. Every day I receive a note or card or a phone call which has inspired me to be a better caring person too. God meets my needs in many ways. The other day I was sitting out on my bench on front porch and wishing I had a porch swing for the front yard. I've been wanting one for quite a while and I just love to swing/rock and I wanted something more comfortable. My mom comes to visit yesterday and guess what, she brings me a porch swing--just like I wanted. I had asked her once for one for my birthday but they aren't out for sell in the winter so she never was able to get me one. Isn't God good to use her in that way. She didn't know that I had just been wishing for one the other day for I didn't mention it to anyone. Thanks mom!!!! Tomorrow I go get my Coumadin level checked again. My right arm has not been hurting or turning blue anymore so I am guessing that the blood clot is dissolving. I do have a terrible mouth sore or bump --like I had bitten the inside of my cheek. I kept biting it today while eating lunch so I am now putting a small piece of guaze inside my mouth between the cheek and teeth so I won't bite it. Thanks again for all of your prayers. Please pray that my white blood count goes up enough for me to have chemo next week. I don't want to get behind schedule, even though I am not looking forward to having chemo again but I must......Love you all.

Psalm 20:4 May He give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I am so proud of you and the endless courage, hope, and cheer within your heart despite the mountain before you. I like the hair cut. Keep smiling and your spirits high. One day at a time. Always in my prayers...Yvonne