Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chemo Day 1

Psalm 4:1 Amswer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress, be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

I meant to write last night but was too tired and not feeling well. Yesterday was my 2nd Chemo treatment. My dear sister took me the dr. and outpatient chemo. My blood counts were all normal so I was happy about that. The dr. changed the anti-nausea meds given to me in the IV prior to chemo but I still have the same oral pills at home. He also added benedryl which should have made me sleepy but it really didn't--maybe a tad drowsy but not enough to put me to sleep. lol. My dear friend, Heather, came up to the chemo room and we played a card game. She brought me some peach tea from Sonic for I do like peach tea. Thanks Heather!!! After she left, my sister and I played phase ten(another card game). It sure made the time go by faster when having fun. lol. The nurses had problems with my chemo for the IV pump kept malfunctioning so it took probably an extra hour. After getting home, Sarah had made me some chocolate chip cookies so had to eat a few. I felt pretty good stomach wise but drowsy so went to bed. About 3 hours later, I did get very sick. I was so disappointed for I had hoped I wouldn't get sick this time. However, it's the only time I got sick. I've had some nausea but mainly just stomach pain. I didn't sleep well last night so might need a good nap today. I am feeling pretty good right now--able to eat some applesauce and crackers this morning. I will just take it easy so I don't end up getting sick again. Last night, everytime my stomach started really hurting I would call out to God and sometimes I would just tell the pain to go away in Jesus's name and my pain would go away so I could sneak in another hour of sleep. Of course then I would praise God for taking the pain away. Today I am to go back to the chemo room to get a very expensive shot called Neulasta. It is to boost my bone marrow to make WBC's and I hear that it can cause severe back pain. Many people take Claritan and Aleve (I can't Aleve so will take Tylenol) to help decrease the pain so I have my claritan ready to take here in a couple of hours. Pray that I won't have the back pain and that there will not be any more nausea. Thanks for your prayers. Love to you all......

Psalm 57:1 Have mercy on me ,O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the diaster has passed.

No comments: