Saturday, June 20, 2009

Trip



Matthew 11:28 Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.


Ahh, it was so nice to take a trip to my mom's and just have a time of rest and enjoyment. I took the boys with me and they had a nice time swimming and watching lots of TV. They also helped my mom put together a water fountain and did some hauling off stones, etc. My mom and I painted frogs that she keeps outside and they were in pretty bad shape due to the wear and tear from the sun and weather elements. We had a great time visiting and painting. Thanks mom for the fun time and all the wonderful meals. My sweet friend, Cindy, from high school , came over to visit for a short time. She was so encouraging and even thought I was cute in my pink turban that I was wearing. I tend to disagree but it's so nice to hear those kind of comments. Thanks for coming over, Cindy--love you!!! The trip was short but refreshing. It turn out to be a blessing in a way for my husband and Sarah both got sick while I was gone. I would have wanted to be with them to care for them but in my condition where my white blood count goes down, I don't need to be around sick people. God protected me from them. I had blood drawn immediately before I went on my trip and since we've not heard from the nurse, I am assuming that my white blood counts didn't go down in the dangerous level this time. That means that neulasta shot that I had the day after chemo worked. Praise God!!!

I received a beautiful gift right before I went on my trip. Another sweet friend, Kay, from Mississippi whom I've known for 25 years or so, made me a beautiful quilt that has scripture verses from Psalms on it. It is perfect to take with me to chemo (I get cold while getting chemo) for it's a lap size quilt. Kay used to send me a verse a day when I was first diagnosed with cancer. She's been since an encourager and God has used her to lift me up spiritually!!! Thanks Kay for the lovely quilt. I will treasure it forever!!! I posted the quilt which you can see in the paragraph prior to this one.

You are all so sweet and kind. It's amazing how God uses people to encourage me in different ways and at different times. It gives me rest in my soul!!!! Love you all........

Psalm 37 Rest in the Lord and wati patiently for Him. (on my quilt)

No comments: