Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blessings

Proverbs 10:6 Blessings crown the head of the righteous,......

I am feeling blessed today. Let me share some of these blessings. Yesterday, Wednesday, was one tiring day and very busy. But...I made it!!!! I took my son, Brandon, to a small town about 1 1/2 hours away for a golf tournament. They ran out of golf carts by the time we got there so I thought....oh, no, I'm going to have to walk this course in sandals. However, God is so good for one boy had his parents and older brother gthere so they rented 2 golf carts and they let me ride with the older brother. Well, that was another blessing for this older brother who was about to turn 19 years was very friendly, talkative and he taught me so much about golf. I don't think I could have walked much of that course so sure did enjoy the ride. This time I wore my wig and denim hat which was cute and I felt more comfortable that way especially since it was quite windy. That was a blessing too. By the way, Brandon did much better at this tourament. In fact he made the goal I set for him which he didn't think he could do so I owed him a Dairy Queen blizzard which I promised as a reward. We stopped and got one.on the way home. I ordered the Brownie batter one and there were no brownie bits so I got my courage together and told the manager and she saw that it was just batter. I only wanted some brownie bits but she made me a whole new one!!!! I wasn't sure if I could eat it but I did. Yummy ---lol

We got home and I was so exhausted. But I wanted to go to church since I've not gone in a long time. God gave me the strength to get there and help out with the kids. They were so cute for I decided not to wear the wig but to just wear a scarf with it tied to the side. I looked like a pirate. lol. The other children workers all know I have cancer and most of the kids know so I felt comfortable enough to go that way.The kids were all so cute for some would come right up to me and ask "Are you bald?". One of our workers is a man who is bald so I told them that I looked like Mr. Larry but he was cuter. lol. One boy wanted to peek under my scarf but I said no but I told him to touch my head so he did. Some were shy and would look at me so curiously especially the ones that are newer but the others just accepted me as I was. What a blessing those kids were.

Today I have my mid labwork to be done to see how my white blood counts are doing and other blood counts too. I hope all is well there. Then after I pick up Christopher from tennis, the boys and I are going off to a town 2 hours away to see my mom for a one night stay. I haven't spent the night anywhere since I started chemo. Sure was easy to pack---no blow dryer, no curling iron nor shampoo or creme rinse, no brushes, etc . All that hair stuff didn't have to go except hair coverings. Iit's amazing how much hair stuff us women pack to go on a trip. My suitcase almost looks empty. lol. Well, my biggest blessing is knowing God loves me and that he saved me. He is walking with me every step of this journey. My next blessing is my friends and family who love and have encouraged me through all of this. Love you all.......

God gently picks up every care and in our need He's always there.
Psalm 143:1 Hear my prayer, O Lord...You are faithful to your promises.

No comments: